Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Whole30: Day 4

I'm starting to miss dairy; on the drive to work, I thought about how much I'd love a salad with blue cheese. Mmmmm blue cheese... My favorite salad is spring greens, kidney beans, hardboiled egg, croutons, and plenty of blue cheese, all doused in balsamic vinaigrette. I thought, hey Adra, blue cheese is so strong, it'd only be a teeny bit, that's ok, right? And then I thought of the regret, and how not worth it that would be. You have to make changes to see changes, and that was the whole idea behind this, to see a change. I'll be right back where I started if I go and have some blue cheese (or whatever else), and blue cheese isn't nearly as important to me as all that.

Am out of pre-made lunches, so tomorrow I'm hitting up Tender Greens or Sweetgreen near the office: time to research options at each.

How I felt: Hard to get up again this morning, and the lymph nodes just on the right side of my neck are swollen and sore, which is no fun; been like that since last night and all day today. Headache again in the afternoon, so I caved and took some Advil, which helped that. Going to bed now-ish to get extra sleep and hopefully help fend off whatever's doing this to the lymph nodes.

Breakfast: Half an avocado with olive oil and sea salt, a hard boiled egg, a big bowl of strawberries, and what turned out to be the other half of the batch of homemade cold brew; made another pitcher of it this morning for tomorrow.

Lunch: Another salade nicoise. The tuna was pungent so I wolfed it down in the kitchen instead of at my desk, to spare my neighbors. Later in the afternoon, had a banana (free bananas at work, too!), and a serving of pumpkin seeds around 5.

Dinner: Decadent, and we ate too much. Austin bought a one pound steak at the farmers market on Sunday, so we had that (ALL OF IT, when we should've only had half. So good, though.) along with roasted potatoes, caramelized leeks, and an arugula and avocado salad tossed in a lemon garlic vinaigrette. It felt a little unfortunate to be eating such a good steak without an excellent red wine to accompany it, but there'll be other steaks. We've been eating like kings for years, part of doing this is learning to maybe NOT do that all the time (all meals so far notwithstanding: we have been eating very, very well.)


Breakfast was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...