Sunday, January 16, 2005

Singapore Airport

Admittedly, less known as a tourist destination than as a tourist thoroughfare, but still. I've never seen anything like it. This is the airport all the other airports are jealous of. Every gate has its own security checkpoint, so lines are more manageable. There is free internet access at a few points throughout, not to mention free wireless available everywhere. The shops are nice. There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The whole place is quiet because it's carpeted. There are plants and fountains everywhere. It feels more like a hotel lobby than an airport. And the icing on the cake:

There's a rooftop pool. Accompanied by a bar and a beautiful heliconia garden. Remember, this is an airport.

I took pictures just so I'd have photographic proof later on. My favorite one is of the "Poolside Bar" sign, which has a little cocktail as the icon that apparently universally represents 'poolside bar.'

I only had about an hour there, but I know that if I ever have to choose an Asian city in which to have a long layover, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...