Monday, June 13, 2005

"It really makes you think" moment of the day

On my way to work this morning, I stopped off at Hollywood Video to drop off some movies I'd rented (In Good Company--good movie, almost like someone who loves warm fuzzies picked up on the Office Space idea of portraying corporate America--and Be Cool, which totally blew; I didn't watch more than 20 minutes of it). As I got out of my car, I noticed a shirtless homeless guy nearby leaning over an open dumpster nearby. I didn't care to look too closely, but he seemed to be rummaging around a bit, looking for what I don't know. He was pretty calm though, as if he was just checking out what there was here before moving on to the next dumpster. He probably does things like this everyday. Me, I got back into my Jeep, picked up my Starbucks vanilla latte, and drove to the 405 freeway, just like I do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...