Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Leave of Absence

I'm not going to be blogging for a little while, a. because I just moved and have no internet (am sitting in a Caribou Coffee right now and mooching off a local resident's wireless... mmm, lots of cute boys here, too bad odds are against heterosexuality in this neighborhood) and b. because I have mono and thus don't have a whole lot to say anyway. I mean, I slept for 14 hours last night. That's not really indicative of an active lifestyle. I have, however, made a lot of progress on the book du jour, The Bell Jar. Had to stop reading because I started thinking I was going crazy, though. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, as it did at least motivate me to get up and go shower etc. I suppose it speaks to the artistic abilities of Sylvia Plath, but I feel cut off from civilization as it is and can't really appreciate the worst-case scenario that's being narrated in such a compelling fashion. (Have neither TV nor internet, so the only thing saving my apartment from resembling the Dark Ages is central air... and, uh, plumbing and electricity and all that. But to be cut off from TV and internet in the information age is... is... it sucks! What's a girl to do when she can't plan to lay around the apartment all day, confident that she'll be sufficiently entertained? Making the trek all the way to Caribou everyday is just unacceptable.)

Anyway, will update y'all if and when I do or think something worth posting...ok, ok, that's probably a bit over-confident as that has yet to happen in the first place, so I'll revert to quoting a favorite cartoon character: ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...