Saturday, October 16, 2004


8:00 a.m. Alarm goes off. Hit snooze.

8:08 a.m. Repeat.

every eight minutes until 8:56: Repeat.

8:56 a.m. Holy shit, it's almost 9. Was supposed to be up half an hour ago.

9:45 a.m. Finally ready to leave; am not as bitter about not having enough time to dry hair as I'd expected.

9:46 a.m. Am totally bitter about not having time to stop for smoothie.

10:15 a.m. Arrive at Cook County Courthouse. Pause and appreciate alliteration.

10:17 a.m. Park and walk down to find courthouse entrance.

10:18 a.m. Dude, this line to get in is really long. And we're stuck waiting outside.

10:22 a.m. Seriously, what are they doing, the hokey pokey?

10:23 a.m. A guard finally comes out and tells us that there's no line at the entrance at the other end of the building. Great timing, mister.

10:24 a.m. Hike down to other end of the courthouse; get to stand in another line. At least am now indoors.

10:28 a.m. Finally put my stuff through the luggage carwash; am informed that I can't bring in my laptop and iPod.

10:29 a.m. Hike back to the car to get rid of laptop and iPod. Start reconsidering ownership and use of boots with 4-inch heels.

10:36 a.m. Return to security line and run stuff through again. Am informed that I'm not allowed to bring a power cord or water bottle in, either. WTF?!

10:37 a.m. Rage.

10:38 a.m. Guard agrees to hold onto power cord at the security point. Screaming match averted.

10:40 a.m. Finally walk into courtroom ten minutes late. Judge is calling out names and people are going up, talking for 5 seconds, and then leaving. Hmm.

10:45 a.m. Name called. Plead guilty to illegal left turn. Am referred to a door at left.

10:55 a.m. Learn from clerk that I'm to be fined $50, but that'll be taken out of the bond I paid and so I'll get a check back from Cook County for the remainder of the bond. I get money! Sweet!

11:05 a.m. Back in car and heading towards Evanston.

11:35 a.m. Arrive at Bar Louie for lunch (have determined that some alcohol is in order after a morning like that).

11:42 a.m. Long Islands are awesome.

12:15 p.m. Go meet a group member to go over last-minute changes to a project we're presenting in class.

1:00 p.m. Get to class. Am mad that we're having class in the seminar room (aka the room where you can't really use your laptop and everyone hurts their neck from having to turn and look down to the end of the table where the professors are).

1:01 p.m. Are told professors will be meeting with groups individually, so we should work on our assignment while waiting.

1:02 p.m. Decide gossiping is more fun.

2:25 p.m. Professors finish meeting with students; give us general feedback (which differs from individual feedback only in that it is now directed at a much larger audience).

2:35 p.m. Watch a reel of ads that received Andy Awards this past year.

2:42 p.m. I love watching good ads. Those IKEA ads are fucking hilarious.

3:00 p.m. Class over.

3:25 p.m. Meet some other classmates and walk to the bar with them.

3:34 p.m. Learn from the students that worked at Rand McNally over the summer that I wasn't hired as a summer resident there because they found my blog.

3:35 p.m. Whoa, someone looked for and actually found my blog?

3:36 p.m. And after reading it, decided I wasn't quite good job candidate material? Whatever, I totally sound professional and stuff on here.

3:47 p.m. Start drinking beer. Mmmm.

4:45 p.m. One student leaves. I order another beer.

5:45 p.m. A couple other students arrive and the rest of the first group leaves. I order another beer.

6:25 p.m. I order another beer.

7:05 p.m. Decide to rally my friends in town for dinner and margaritas.

7:25 p.m. Drive back to Wrigleyville.

8:17 p.m. Meet my friends and head over to Las Mananitas.

8:34 p.m. Las Mas has the best margaritas.

10:06 p.m. Have consumed lots of margarita and Mexican food. Decide the night is young and take a cab to Schoolyard.

11:28 p.m. Get into an argument with cute busboy over football; decide he's a moron.

11:29 p.m. Leave Schoolyard and head to SoPo.

12:33 a.m. Leave SoPo and head to Mystic Celt.

1:52 a.m. Mystic Celt is closing. People suggest walking to some bar on Ashland that's open till 4.

2:10 a.m. Standing in line outside is not cool.

2:15 a.m. Decide to say fuck it and head back to my apartment to play ping pong.

3:54 a.m. Ok people, it's late. Get out.

4:10 a.m. Roommate and friends come home; hang around chit-chatting.

4:35 a.m. Bedtime. Hmm, I think I'll watch a movie. Yeah. Always a good idea.

5:02 a.m. *yawn* Sleeeeepy....

Today: Yep. Little hung over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...