Saturday, January 17, 2004

Another explanation for the ineffectiveness of banner advertising

I've noticed that the banner ad at the top of my blog has had the same two ads for quite awhile now: the first is for Al Brooks Rose Bowl Tours, and the second (which may not still be there but I swear was up there today) was for Michigan Rose Bowl Tours. I don't think it's any mystery as to why those would be up there, given my first entry, but I also think their relevance is something of a joke (particularly that second one). Even more of a mystery is the "Related searches" line underneath, which includes Wango Tango.

From the point of view of these organizations, I guess they're getting their money's worth, but it makes Google and/or Blogger look somewhat inept at managing their advertising database.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...