Saturday, January 17, 2004

mmmm...

It's been a ridiculously long week--there was a ton to do (which I may or may not have done, but that's what weekends are for), there was little sleep, and we were robbed of our usual day off (Wednesday). The loveliness of being able to lie in bed for an hour just listening to Guster and doing whatever I want cannot be expressed; I can only hope everyone is allowed moments like this every so often. Sure, I have to get up and get ready for work in an hour; sure, I have a sizeable homework assignment for statistics that I now have to do by myself because I had a sudden attack of being principled and turned down an offer by another group to put my name on the homework they've already done; sure, I have to prepare for a creative strategy group meeting tomorrow afternoon, and quickly rectify my current lack of any creative or strategic skills. But all that is later.

There are things to look forward to, fortunately: I'm quitting my job to make time for this quarter's enormous workload, and am lucky enough to be able to make up for it by tutoring classmates in statistics, which is far more enjoyable than waitressing anyway, and also means I'll assure myself an A in stats cuz I'll really have to learn all this stuff. My friend Sam is coming to Chicago next weekend (hi Sam!). I can run three and a half miles. I've been able to stick to my diet for the most part, and as a result every day is a thin day (thin days are wonderful). In general, life is good, and work hanging over my head is something I have a lot of experience coping with.

Ok, I'm gonna go see if we can't get this comment thing settled...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...