Sunday, May 14, 2017

Whole30: Day 14 -- In which we both become very whiny

I miss cheeeeeeeese. And beeeeeeeeer. This diet is bullshit it has sucked ALL FUN OUT OF OUR LIVES.

For lunch, all I wanted was the kale salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette from Tender Greens. With the salt and pepper chicken. And I got there and asked what was in the dressing and SUGAR IS IN THE DRESSING WAY TO RUIN MY DAY, TENDER GREENS. I don't even want sugar!! I want garlic! What is sugar doing in there?! I was willing to try it without the parmesan cheese (I also really love that salad for all the parmesan cheese) but no. The only dressings at Tender Greens that I can have (I quizzed the very patient person at the front about this) are the tarragon, the balsamic, and the cabernet. They had roasted potatoes and those were ALMOST off the table too because they are also made with sugar, but then I found out that the sugar in question came from apple juice and BAM loophole I'm ordering those fucking potatoes.

It's two days later and I'm STILL super peeved about this. Clearly. I should probably ease up on the cold brew: I now drink a great deal more of it because it is the only beverage I have access to that's emotionally satisfying to drink. (Beer is usually my go-to for that. Not in the morning, obviously: mornings are for coffee, because Adults Drink Coffee In the Morning, and beer is occasionally in the evening, because Adults Who Had a Rough Day At Work Drink Beer In the Evening.)

I was so ticked off about not having what I wanted for lunch that I focused on making that sausage potato spinach hash again for dinner, because that is DELICIOUS, and I picked up all the ingredients for it during a late afternoon I-will-cut-a-bitch-if-I-don't-have-a-snack-right-now run to Trader Joe's. The only sausage without sugar was some fully-cooked chicken sausage, so I got that (I found out that the sausage I'd bought for the hash the prior week had sugar in it--oops), and it wasn't as good, but the potatoes in that hash recipe are just sooooo goddamn good that they rescue the whole thing. I found a recipe on the NY Times cooking site for eggs poached in marinara sauce that's supposed to be served over a piece of bread, and I'm sure that's lovely, but I'll bet it'd be pretty good over crispy potatoes, too.


How I felt: Angry.

Breakfast: Hardboiled egg, sliced avocado with olive oil and seasalt, sliced strawberries. And cold brew, obvs.

Lunch: Tender Greens: salt and pepper chicken, roasted potatoes, and salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner: Potato spinach sausage hash again (pictured below prior to serving, this time): would have been better than the last time but the sausage wasn't as good. Used Trader Joe's chicken sausage: four Italian sausages and two garlic and herb sausages that just kind of tasted like hot dog, honestly. And lemonade kombucha to drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...