Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Whole30: Day 18

How I felt: I've had better days. I slept badly again last night and was super tired and irritable this morning. Did ok for most of the day--took Ellie on a nice, long walk nearly to the Venice pier--but then started having headaches in the evening. I have one now. I'm not a fan.

Breakfast: My kingly breakfast of two fried eggs, sausage patty, sliced avocado and strawberries. Am almost out of strawberries.

Lunch: Tuna salad (why it's called that when all you do is add mayo, I don't know... maybe I'm not using that term correctly), and actual salad of arugula, avocado, and what was left of last night's balsamic vinaigrette. I still miss blue cheese.

From left to right: sparkling water with lime, tuna salad, actual salad.


Dinner: Pan-fried salmon, using this Serious Eats post as my cooking guide. It turned out pretty well, but didn't quite follow what they said, and I don't know if that's because I should have had the heat higher, or had it lower. On the side, we had roasted butternut squash, and sauteed zucchini with garlic, and some fresh lemon added to both the zucchini and the salmon. Delicious dinner.

This is a picture of Austin's plate, because it turned out pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whole27: Seven (Eight?) Months Later

Breakfast this morning was cinnamon rolls. In fairness, I'm sick right now with something resembling that monster flu--hopefully it...